Learner's creations

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Nutella Black and White Cheesecake


I was not planning to make cheesecake for aDe's birthday. I have actually made a mud cake, but it did not turn out well. It was wobbly when I took it out of the oven. I thought it was not cook properly and increased the time a few times, but it was still like that after being in the oven for nearly 2 hours! (original cooking time is 1hr 15mins).

I really had no confidence to bring the cake to the party. I decided to make another cake, and to avoid further disappointment, a non-bake cheesecake will be a good idea. I did not want to make a typical cheesecake and wanted to try something new.




After searching the internet, I found this recipe at Diana's Desserts, but I made my own crust. Again I made a mistake this time....I overwhipped the cream!! It was too late for me to go and get more, so I had to use the overwhipped cream in the recipe. I was really worried that it will turn out horrible. Thank goodness....other than the texture being not that smooth...and probably not as volumnised, the cake was ok. Everyone loves it, so I will definitely try it again another time!


Nutella Black and White Cheesecake

Ingredients:
300g bourbon biscuits
75g butter, melted
250g cream cheese
2 cups whipping cream
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup castor sugar

Methods:
1. Crush bourbon biscuits and mix with the melted butter. Compressed biscuits into a tart tin.
2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Warm Nutella in the microwave on HIGH for 5 seconds. Whisk in 1/2 cup cream until smooth.
4. Whip the remaining cream until soft peaks. Divide cream into half, fold half into cream cheese and the other half into the Nutella.
5. Spread a layer of cream cheese on the crust. Top with a layer of Nutella. Repeat with another layer of cream cheese and another layer of Nutella.
6. Refrigerate overnight.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

    Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

    I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

    Thanks,
    Alisha Wright
    alisha.wright1@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home