Learner's creations

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Very belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!



MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I know this very belated.......but it's better late than never!! Hehehee.....

Many apologies for not updating this blog! I would certainly love to update it more often, but I don't cook/bake often enough to write. Not that I don't cook for lunch or dinner, it's just that they are too simple to be blogged, or it has already been blogged before. Eating alone doesn't give me much inspiration/encouragement to cook something nicer. And BF tends to cook for me during the weekend.... Guess I must make more effort from now on!!!

I had organised a very last minute Christmas dinner at my place for four. I made roast turkey with sage and onion stuffing, boiled vegetables (brussel sprouts, carrot and sugar snaps), roast potatoes, roast parsnips and gravy. One of my friend brought over some finger food as well (far right plate).







I've also made a Christmas cake....this is the 3rd one that I've made in UK. I think I've achieved a pretty good standard :p I didn't iced it this year as none of us really like marzipan, so decided to keep it pretty plain.




I went to Nottingham for New Year, as usual. Due to horrible weather in the UK, we ended up staying at home. What a way to start the New Year. We were all pretty disappointed really.....but what to do? It still didn't stop us from having our drinks at home though. Hehehe....!!!

AC cooked our New Year's meal. We had (from clockwise) roast vegetables, stuffing, roast pork, roast potatoes and pig in the blanket. It's delicious....!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home