Learner's creations

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Stir Fry Chilli Aubergine


This is dinner for tonight, stir fry chilli aubergine. In Malaysia aubergine is better known as brinjal or eggplant, and is usually used to cook curry.

It's been a quite a while since I last had aubergine and I thought I'd cook something spicy using my Lee Kum Kee Chilli Bean Sauce. Alas! Only after I started cooking did I realise that I had very little left. I mixed it with water and give the jar a good shake to make good use of every single bit that's left. Luckily it was just enough to make the dish has a hint of spiciness.




Stir Fry Chilli Aubergine
Ingredients:
1 medium sized aubergine, cubed
100g minced pork
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 stalk spring onion, cut into 1" length
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chilli Bean Sauce (Toban Djan)

Methods:
1. In a non-stick pan, dry fry the minced pork until brown.
2. Add in the chopped garlic. Then, add in the chilli bean sauce and keep frying.
3. When it is fragrant, add in the aubergine and water.
4. Cover and let the aubergine simmer until tender and soft. Keep adding water if it's not enough, as aubergine tends to absorb a lot of water.
5. Add the spring onion and stir fry for another minute.
6. Serve hot.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home