Learner's creations

Monday, April 24, 2006

Soy Sauce Steam Salmon & Stir Fry Broccoli


My dinner for Monday, soy sauce steam salmon and stir fry broccoli. I've reserved some of the leftover for today's lunch. I love broccoli and carrot. I always have them in my fridge as I find them very versatile. They are not very expensive here in the UK.




Soy Sauce Steam Salmon
Ingredients:
1 piece salmon fillet
4 Chinese mushrooms, soaked and thinly sliced
5 tbsp water
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4cm ginger, cut into strips

Methods:
1. Clean the salmon fillet and put in a plate.
2. Sprinkle the Chinese mushrooms, garlic and ginger on the salmon.
3. Mix together water, soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil. Pour onto the fish.
4. Steam the fish for 8 minutes. The time depends on the thickness of the fish.




Stir Fry Broccoli
Ingredients:
150g broccoli
50g sliced pork
1 carrot
1 yellow onion
A handful of dried shrimp, minced
5 Chinese mushrooms, soaked and sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp oyster sauce
Dash of white pepper

Methods:
1. Heat a wok with olive oil.
2. Saute the minced dried shrimp and garlic.
3. Fry the sliced pork. Add the oyster sauce and a dash of pepper.
4. Add in the mushroom and onion, and fry for a minute.
5. Put in the carrot and broccoli. Add some water (I used the mushroom water). Stir fry till soft.
6. Add more oyster sauce or salt to taste. Serve hot.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

     
  • At 2:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing this very delicious recipe. I really want to know on how to cook this because I have a recipe for stir fry sauce here and I don't know of it was possible to add it on this kind of recipe. I will now try it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home