Learner's creations

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Prawns & Celery Stir Fry and Steamed Egg with Minced Meat

I don't usually cook a proper dinner meal during the weekday. As I usually eat alone, cooking a proper meal would mean eating it for a few days. But now that I start blogging, I'll try to cook more.
I've cooked Celery & Prawns Stir Fry and Steamed Egg with Minced Meat on Monday. The celery stir fry was nice, but I was a bit heavy-handed with the salt. This is the first time that I've tried steaming egg with minced meat. The egg is not smooth, and the minced meat sank to the bottom. The middle was also a little bit watery. It's not bad for a frist trial and error. Will try this again another time to better this.




Prawn & Celery Stir Fry
Ingredients:
6 stalks of celery
4 cloves of garlic
15 prawns
pinch of salt
oil, i used olive oil

Methods:
1. Season the prawns with a few drops of light soy sauce.
2. Slice the celery diagonally. Coarsely chopped the garlic.
3. Heat some oil in the wok. When the wok is hot, put in the garlic.
4. Put in the prawns and cook for 30s.
5. Add in the celery and stir fry for about 2-3mins. Season with some salt.
6. Serve.


Steamed Egg with Minced Meat
Ingredients:
100g minced pork
2 eggs
water
some tung choy
light soy sauce
white pepper

Methods:
1. Season the minced meat with some soy sauce.
2. Mix tung choy with the meat.
3. Beat 2 eggs with a dash of white pepper.
4. Mix the eggs to the meat and add in some water.
5. Steam in a steamer for about 20mins.
6. Serve.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:00 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Delish!!!! I'm gonna try the steamed egg.

     
  • At 10:31 am, Blogger FooDcrazEE said…

    hhmm....simple and nice. DOnt remember the ratio of water to egg. Thats to prevent the pock mark and the texture of the dish. Would be nice to have the chawanmushi texture. Think it is 1:2 ( water:egg )

     
  • At 2:49 pm, Blogger sHar0n said…

    Pushpa, hope your steamed egg turns out better.


    I wasn't sure what's the ratio too, which is why the texture wasn't good. I'll definitely try the 1:2 ratio the next time I cook this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home