Learner's creations

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Chocolate Cheese Cake


I have wanted to try this cake for ages. I've first seen the cake at Jo's Deli Bakery, and again at Kitchen Capers. When I realised that I have a few blocks of cream cheese in the fridge, I couldn't stand the temptation anymore and went ahead to bake this cake. This cake is easy to make and it tasted very good. The only problem is I couldn't get a nice straight layer of cheese.



For those who doesn't have access to either of the forum, I have the recipe for you.


Chocolate Cheese Cake
Ingredients
A:
250g cream cheese
60g castor sugar
1 egg

B:
180g butter
150g sugar
3 eggs
3 tbsp cocoa
120 self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder

Method:
1. Preheat oven at 180C.
2. Prepare mixture A. Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well incorporated. Set mixture aside.
3. Prepare mixture B. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, one at a time until well incoporated into mixture. Sieve all dry ingredients together and fold into egg mixture.
4. To assemble, pour half of mixture B, then all of mixture A and then the remaining of mixture B.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50mins or until skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Once cool, chill in the refrigerator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home