Learner's creations

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

White Chocolate Cappucino Muffin with Cream Cheese Topping


I was suddenly in the mood to bake something. Looking at my list of things to try, I thought why not make muffins, since I've not tried it before. I've seen loads of bakings on this, but there was never an occasion to try it. Now I thought....it's a good time to try! Hehehee...!!

I went ahead to bake the White Chocolate Cappucino muffin since I've all the ingredients available. I wanted to try this cause I love any type of bakings with coffee and this recipe also asked for Baileys....!




I found the recipe on the internet at Rachael's website.

White Chocolate Cappucino Muffin
Ingredients for muffin:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup white chocolate chip
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 egg
2 tbsp Baileys
2 tsp instant coffee in 1 tbsp water
1/3 cup milk

Methods:
1. Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and chocolate chips together.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the oil, egg, Baileys, coffee mixture and milk.
3. Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture.
4. Mix until combined but do not overmix. It is alright to have lumps in the batter.
5. Bake in the preheated oven at 190C for 10minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese topping.

Ingredients for cream cheese topping:
125g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla essence
60g icing sugar
1 medium egg

Methods:
6. Beat the all the cream cheese topping together until fluffy and well combined.
7. When the 10minutes are up, carefully spoon the cream cheese over the muffins.
8. Return to bake for another 15minutes.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home