Learner's creations

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mocha Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream


I've got a tub of double cream, which I bought to make something else, but ended up not using it. So I've looked for an easy recipe that uses this....and came across this recipe. It seems easy enough to make and it doesn't need an ice-cream maker, nor having it blended a few times.




I've got the basic recipe from Kitchen, a member at Kitchen Capers, and then followed suggestion to improvise this further with coffee and chocolate chip. As only have half the amount of double cream, I halved the original recipe. The ice-cream has really strong coffee taste, which was good. I love anything with coffee! Although it is very smooth, I find that it's not light enough. I'll try whipping it more next time to see if it makes a difference or not.

Mocha Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - make 1 tub
Ingredients:
1 cup double cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp Nescafe
100g chocolate chip
pinch of salt

Methods:
Whisk creams lightly together with sugar. Add in Nescafe. Add salt and vanilla essence and mix well. Fold in chocolate chip. Pour into a plastic container and freeze until set.