Learner's creations

Monday, May 15, 2006

ABC Stew and Stir Fry Cabbage


I was really missing proper home cooked food the other day. I remembered when my grandma used to cook chicken with potato and carrot when I was young....and I suddenly miss it very much. So, I tried my best to recreate this recipe.

I remembered that the dish has carrot and potato, and since my fridge also has tomato, I decided to put it in. When I was cutting the vegetable, I realised that all the ingredients are the same as those used in ABC soup. Hence, I named it ABC stew. I can't really remember the exact taste of my grandma's dish, but this dish itself is rather tasty!

I've also stir fried some cabbage to go with the ABC stew. This is a very simple and quick dish to cook.




ABC Stew
Ingredients:
7 chicken wings, separate drumette and wings
2 medium sized potatoes cut into chunks
3 carrots, cut into chunks
1 onion, cut into chunks
6 Chinese mushrooms, soaked and halved (retain the water)
2 tomatoes, quartered

Marinade:
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
sugar and salt, to taste
olive oil

Methods:
1. Marinade the chicken wings for at least 2 hours.
2. Stir fry the onions in olive oil until fragrant.
3. Add in the chicken pieces and fry it for a while.
4. Add in potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes. Stir for a few minutes.
5. Add in the mushroom water, and add more water to cover the ingredients.
6. Once boiled, reduce the heat and simmer until the gravy thickens.





Stir Fry Cabbage
Ingredients:
1 small handful of dried shrimps, soaked
100g white cabbage, cut bite size
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
olive oil

Methods:
1. Heat the wok, and fry the garlic in oil until fragrant.
2. Add in dried shrimps, and fry until fragrant.
3. Add in the cabbage and some water, and cook until soft.
4. Add in the oyster sauce.
5. Serve hot.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     
  • At 4:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
    » »

     
  • At 2:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home