Learner's creations

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Chinese New Year Almond Melting Moments


My second CNY bake is Almond Melting Moments. I've made this 2 years ago, and quite love the taste and texture of it. I think that it is a good replacement for kuih bangkit, which I don't really quite like.

For me, this has a very nice almond taste, and is not as flour-ish. Although kuih bangkit is usually melt-in-the-mouth, I don't like the amount of flour that is in one's mouth. This however is much lighter, so much nicer to eat.





I've found this recipe from Jaschin's blog. As I received good feedback from it before, I thought it would be good to make it again.

Almond Melting Moment

Ingredients:
230g salted butter, room temperature
(recipe called for 227g unsalted butter and 1/4 tsp salt)
175g plain flour
90g cornflour
35g icing sugar
1 1/2 tsp almond extract

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Sieve flour and cornstarch together.
3. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Beat in almond extract.
5. Add in flour mixture, and beat until incorporated.
6. Cover the dough and leave in the fridge for 1 hour, or until firm.
7. With floured hands, roll the dough into small balls and put on a lined tray.
8. Flatten slightly with floured fork and bake for approximately 10mins.
9. Cool on wire rack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home