Learner's creations

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ayam Masak Sambal Kicap & Stir Fry Brussels Sprout


A simple dinner at home last night....ayam masak sambal kicap and stir fry brussels sprout.



This recipe was contributed by Purplegirl at Imperial Kitchen. It is absolutely delicious. No doubt that this dish will be a comfort when I miss Malaysian food.


Ayam Masak Sambal Kicap

Ingredients:
600g chicken thigh, chopped bite size
1 stalk lemon grass, crushed
5 pieces kaffir lime leaves

Sauce ingredients:
3 tbsp ketchup
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp kicap manis

Ground ingredients:
15 dried chilli, soaked
5 shallots
2 small onions
3 cloves garlic
2 cm ginger

Methods:
1. Heat oil in a wok. Sauce the ground ingredients and lemon grass until fragrant.
2. Add in the chicken and some water, and cook chicken until tender.
3. Add kaffir lime leaves and sauce seasoning.
4. Cook until the sauce dry out.





This is dish that is very easy to cook, and yet it is a firm favourite of mine cause I LOVE brussels sprout. I know many people who can't really stand it but definitely not me. I first tasted it in Kampar, when we were eating out in a restaurant there with my relatives. I love it since. Brussels sprout is quite expensive in Malaysia, so I don't get to it it often. When I came to UK, I'm surprised to find that it's quite cheap....but it is only available during the winter months. So, I tend to fill up all my cravings for this during the winter! ;)

Stir Fry Brussels Sprout

Ingredients:

Brussels sprout, halved
1 carrot, sliced
A small handful of dried shrimps, soaked
Oyster sauce
A dash of white pepper
Garlic infused olive oil*

Methods:
1. Heat the oil in a wok.
2. Add in the brussels sprout. Add in water and close the lid of the wok to cook the sprouts faster.
3. When the sprouts soften, add in the carrot.
4. Add in the oyster sauce and white pepper.
5. Serve hot.

* Note: I used garlic infused olive oil because I ran out of garlic.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:10 am, Blogger auntjess said…

    Hi, i just came across your blog while searching for simple recipes...i hope you're still writing if you have time..;) I'm new at cooking, but I've been greatly blessed by your site..=) Just wanted to let you know. =)

    Auntjess ^_^

     
  • At 10:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, guantanamera121212

     
  • At 8:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    не факт

     
  • At 1:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    simply dropping by to say hey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home